This course is divided into five sessions:
2 Design Approaches for Digital Government
3 Digital Government Strategies
4 Implementing Digital Government Programs
5 Digital Government: Emerging Trends and Way Forward
By the end of this module, participants will:
1. Highlight the critical role that digital technologies can play in government.
2. Show the principles that must shape digital government initiatives.
3. Introduce design approaches to digital government.
4. Provide an overview of components of an overarching digital government strategy.
5. Suggest measures to develop digital infrastructure to bring in greater
6. Highlight the role of emerging whole-of-government approach towards policymaking and public service delivery.
7. Show how digital technologies can be used to enhance the spirit of collaboration within and outside government.
8. Suggest some of the digital capacities and competencies required for sustainable impact.
9. Illustrate some examples of use of digital technologies to address a few governance/development challenges.
10. Draw attention to the various phases of a digital government project lifecycle including some emerging approaches such as agile methodology and user-centric design.
11. Introduce some of the opportunities and challenges (including ethical concerns) in using Artificial Intelligence in government.
12. Highlight the regulatory framework required for data governance.
13. Show how digital identity can be used for seamless interaction between citizens and government.
14. Suggest some of the steps that needs to be taken to ensure sustainable digital government.