This training session will be held virtually, and will facilitate an open, lively dialogue over three and a half hours in total, focusing on specific opportunities and tools to support low greenhouse gas emissions strategies in compliance with the Paris Agreement.
The session will focus on the following areas:
· Methodologies for GHG emission inventories, carbon pricing and impact on GHG emissions, macroeconomic factors, and trade related aspects (simulation, scenarios, and cross-border adjustments)
· Mainstreaming gender in climate policy
· Monitoring, reporting and verification
· Addressing fossil-fuel subsidies
· Transition to greater renewable energy mix